As a professional volunteer service, it will come as no surprise that we have some very clear requirements to ensure our volunteers are top notch.
To be eligible to become a Volunteer at Barwon Health, all volunteers must:
- Be 16 years or older (anyone under 18 must have permission from a parent or guardian)
- Undergo a National Volunteer Police Check (paid for by Barwon Health)
- Complete a Working with Children Check, (if deemed necessary for your role)
- Commit to a minimum of six months service and a minimum of 3 hours a fortnight
- Complete relevant orientation and training
- Attend ongoing information and education sessions
- Sign and agree to our Confidentiality Agreement/Code of Conduct
- Volunteer according to the Barwon Health values of Respect, Compassion, Accountability,Commitment and Innovation
- Keep us updated with any changes in availability or contact details
If you would like further information, download the Volunteer Rights and Responsibilities document via the link on the right.
Last Modified: Monday, 25 March 2019