Social Supports Program
Staying active in your community
Barwon Health Social Support programs are part of our local community providing support to people to remain active and independent in their home for as long as possible. This may include:
- The elderly
- People looking for more social interaction
- People with memory loss
- People with disabilities
We offer a warm, caring environment and an opportunity to make new friends.
The Social Support program works with you and/or your family carer or support services in tailoring activities and programs that support your interests, such as:
- Helping you get out and about in the community
- Creating social opportunities
- Increasing your personal fitness and strength
- Including the cultural needs of all participants
- Promoting health and wellbeing
Activities available include:
- Community outings
- Community arts and projects
- Music and dance
- Guest speakers and group discussions
- Nutrition and cooking
- Gardening and nature activities
- Indoor and outdoor games
- Woodwork, visual arts and crafts
- Exercise and movement
- Brain gym
Participants may refer themselves, or you may be referred by your family, friends, doctor or community agency.
A low cost, subsidised program fee. Extra community activities are available to suit every budget.
Transport is available for clients if needed.
Morning tea and a three-course lunch are provided each day.
Last Modified: Monday, 12 August 2019
Programs run from 3 sites in the Geelong region:
Anglesea Community Health Centre, McMillan St, Anglesea.
120 Settlement Rd, Belmont.
Rosewall Neighbourhood Centre, Sharland Road, Corio.
Contact hours: 10am - 3pm
Phone number: 1300 715 673